Peer support groups for young people age 13-24 affected by mental health issues | Parents and carers support | Mental health training & workshops | #heartonthehand


T: 01404 549045
M: 07970 167341

Young People's Centre
Lyme Road

Making a complaint and having your say   arrow

If you are unhappy with the mental health services here in Devon, you may wish to make a complaint about the care you have received, and also to feedback your concerns so that services can be improved in the future.


Making a Complaint

PALSIf you have a complaint about adult mental health service, one step would be to approach PALS – the Patient Advice and Liaison Service.  VirginCare CAMHS ask that you initially take up any complaints directly with them at However, if you are not satisfied with the response from them, you can also speak to PALS to make a complaint about CAMHS.  PALS have a Freephone number: 0800 0730741

If you need support to make a complaint, you may be interested to look at another service called SEAP Devon (Support, Empower, Advocate, Promote) which may be able to help you make a complaint about a mental health service.  Tel: 0300 3435707 or email:


Having Your Say

Healthwatch DevonThe organisation that keeps an eye on all Health and Social Care services, including mental health services, in Devon is called Healthwatch Devon.

Locally, Healthwatch Devon works to help people get the best out of their health and social care services, and is all about local voices being able to influence how local services are designed and delivered.  Members of the public, patients, carers and service users can feed back their thoughts and experiences to Healthwatch Devon about the services they use and receive.  There is a Freephone telephone number: 0800 520 0640