The Project would not function without its amazing team of volunteers. They are our very own superheroes!
If you are interested in joining The Project as a volunteer, and would like to find out more, please get in touch via our Contact Us page, or complete an application form via the link below.
There are a number of volunteering roles available through The Project, although we do not always have capacity to take on everyone who enquires. We welcome enquiries from people of all ages, particularly those who have a lived experience or working experience of mental health issues.
We launched our new Young People’s Support Group in Chard in January 2016, which means we now provide sessions in Axminster and Chard, so we are particularly keen to hear from anyone in the surrounding areas who would like to get involved in whatever way they can. We support our volunteers by providing access to regular clinical supervision, team meetings and mental health first aid training.
Here are some examples of our volunteering opportunities, though we are open to suggestions from people who think they may be able to help us in other ways:
– VOLUNTEER SUPPORT WORKER – helping out with our young people at our support sessions
– PARENTS GROUP FACILITATOR – helping to facilitate our monthly Parents & Carers group
– FUNDRAISERS – helping to organise and run events, or represent The Project at community events
– YOUNG AMBASSADORS – helping with our mental health awareness work in schools
– BLOGGERS – write a blog about your experiences of mental illness
– SOCIAL MEDIA – are you a whizz at social media? Then help us raise our online profile
– ALLOTMENT – are you a keen gardener? We would appreciate an extra pair of hands to help us maintain our allotment
A link to our Volunteer Application form can be found here at: volunteer-application-form-2016