Today, we are launching our #Support4September crowdfunding campaign to celebrate The Project’s birthday month. We aim to raise at least £15,000, which will help our support groups continue for another year. By donating to our campaign, you can secure one of our amazing rewards packages: visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/theprojectyp for details of what’s on offer and to donate.
Please help us spread the word far and wide – share the campaign’s page on social media and tell your friends about The Project and our work. Our support groups help young people aged 13-24 with mental health issues. These issues can include anxiety, bereavement, bullying, depression, eating disorders and exam stress. Young people do not need to be diagnosed with a mental illness to be referred.
Last year, we helped 75 young people through our support groups in Axminster and Chard. In addition, 21 parents and carers received support through our monthly groups. We reached a total of 4,394 people through all of The Project’s activities, which include delivering mental health workshops and training to school pupils, teaching staff and other professionals.
Our mission is to:
· Provide young people with the support needed to increase their confidence and self-esteem
· Equip young people and their parents/carers with the skills and information to build emotional resilience and promote wellbeing
· Reduce the loneliness and isolation experienced by young people with mental health issues
· Raise understanding and awareness of mental illness
· Break down the stigma around mental health and reduce discrimination
You can help us in our mission by backing our crowdfunding campaign in any way you can. Every donation will help us to continue delivering our services.
By supporting us this September, you will enable us to support young people all year round. Thank you. www.crowdfunder.co.uk/theprojectyp