Youth Mental Health First Aid Course – 2 day course
Date: Monday 9th – Tuesday 10th April 2018
Time 9am – 4.30pm both days
Location: Colliton Barton, East Devon
Cost: £170 plus VAT
Cost includes 2 full days of training, light lunch and refreshments, course manual and attendance certificate on completion of the course.
To book your place click here to complete the booking form.
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 – 18 years. This two day, educational course teaches people how to identify, understand and help a young person who may be developing a mental health problem. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, mental health first aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
The 2 day training course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
• An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
• Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
• Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing