The Youth MHFA Quality Mark of Excellence is awarded to schools and organisations to recognise their continuing commitment to the emotional and mental health of their young people and staff as well as exemplary joint working with community stakeholders and partners. The mark is a measure of quality and exemplary practice.
To acquire the mark you would need to have:
- 20% of staff trained in Youth MHFA 2 day course
- 75% of staff trained in either the 1 day Youth MHFA for Schools and Colleges OR 3 hr Youth MHFA Lite
- Up to date effective policies and procedures for mental health
- Effective mental health referral pathways with good communication and strong partnerships
- Effective mental health and resilience education embedded in the curriculum for young people
- Effective mental health and resilience education and information for parents/caregivers
The mark is awarded for 3 years and organisations will need to complete an annual check that criteria are still being met.
Upon acquiring the Mark the organisation will be given a certificate, and can use of the Mark of Excellence logo and the statement to show their commitment as above.